Saturday, December 5, 2009
Saying Goodbye
These last few weeks have been overly stressful for me. I mean, I've always been an easily excitable/upset-able type person but I've been going through some exceptional drama which has lead to some feeling not so good and noticing some extra lines on my face. So, I'm taking action to fix it. I began reassessing what I've been putting into my body to start and considered the fact that I've been going out for drinks with the girls/Eric almost every night to "clear my head" which leads to most mornings being jump-started with a big cup or two of java never mind the fact that I haven't been eat well. It's got me feeling anxious, tired, aggressive, moody, and it's absolutely not what I need for myself in times like these. From working at a local health food store, I learned that certain foods can contribute to stress, while others can help ease it. Thus, last night I commenced further research. After surfing various websites and the good old wikipedia, I didn't learn much new other than interesting facts about coffee, sugar, alcohol, bad foods, etc, but I did, however, come to the confirmation that these things just aren't going to help me right now. As I've always known, these things are only meant to be enjoyed in pleasurable moderation so I've decided to give up three. 1.Coffee. Perhaps for good but definitely until Christmas morning (how can you not have coffee or other delectable goodies on Christmas, seriously). Then we'll see. . .2. Alcohol. Until New Year's Eve, then only on special occasions. . .3. Fried foods. This one should be the easiest as I'm not a huge fan but I've got two words: bar food. Even though I don't love it, after a few beers anything tastes great in which case I can easily devour a plate of fries, and no, you can't have any. This too should be for good. So, wish me luck! I'm sure I'll need it at least for a few days. Cheers to tea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment